[Freeswitch-docs] Confluence quirks

Bote Man bote_radio at botecomm.com
Mon Aug 11 19:37:48 MSD 2014

Sorry, Jim. I just rolled back home from ClueCon so I've been out of the
loop. I hope you asked this on the freeswitch-docs mailing list as the
others might have ideas.

Macros

Yeah, I created the 'fc' macro as a shortcut. I have mixed feelings on
the code styling. I really, really, REALLY do not get dark blue text on
a black background; who in the world thought that would be a good idea?
That's the friggin default for common elements shown by LS_COLORS on
most linux distros and apparently Confluence uses it liberally. Go
figure.

Overall I'm trying to lend a consistent style so that Confluence looks
like real documentation and not the mish-mash that the old MediaWiki
became with everybody doing his own thing. if it looks good, do it.

Editor

Atlassian likes to crow about how reliable the Confluence editor is.
Yeah, right. It frequently does weird stuff for me. My best advice is to
get all the text onto the page first, then go back and style it. Moving
tables and other macro elements around typically results in shenanigans.

I used Compare Versions successfully recently. It could be that it
didn't have a proper earlier version to use as a datum for comparison,
but that's just a guess.

I'm digging out from under all these e-mails and whatnot that have piled
up in my 2 week absence, so thanks for your efforts!

Bote