[Freeswitch-dev] Proper FreeSWITCH Debian repos for Jessie/Stretch installs

Chad Phillips chad at apartmentlines.com
Sat Jul 28 14:45:07 UTC 2018

I build FreeSWITCH from source for videoconferencing. As I’m updating from
1.6 to 1.8, I’m noticing the custom FreeSWITCH Debian repo arrangement is a
bit confusing. At http://files.freeswitch.org/repo/deb/ we currently have:

debian-unstable/ 15-Jul-2016 14:26
debian.old/ 16-Apr-2015 13:20
debian/ 07-Sep-2015 22:44
freeswitch-1.4/ 07-Sep-2015 22:44
freeswitch-1.6-testing/ 08-Feb-2017 17:09
freeswitch-1.6/ 28-Sep-2015 15:21
freeswitch-1.8/ 30-Jun-2017 15:18

When building for Jessie, I expected to just include the freeswitch-1.8
repo and ‘apt-get install freeswitch-video-deps-most’, but that fails
because that repo has no Jessie distribution built.

Then I tried debian-unstable, and that failed due to dependency conflicts.

I finally got it working by using both the debian-unstable and
freeswitch-1.6 repos with ‘apt-get install freeswitch-video-deps-most’, but
this seems incorrect for a FreeSWITCH 1.8 install.

Which leads to a couple of questions:

 - Are we missing a Jessie dist build for the freeswitch-1.8 repo, or is
that intended?
 - What are the correct repo/repos to use when building 1.8 on Jessie?
 - What are the correct repo/repos to use when building 1.8 on Stretch?
 - Is ‘freeswitch-video-deps-most’ still the correct meta package?