[Freeswitch-dev] Setting Local SDP in my mod_ when running in bypass media

ferrari_racing at yahoo.com ferrari_racing at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 7 18:44:34 MSD 2016

I have built a mod_ that handles media, therefore FS run in bypass_media mode. In my mod_ I am able to capture the incoming remote sdp (in the INVITE) and pass it to my media end point. The sdp set by my media end point is published in my mod_ (I see this in my FS logs), but I am unable to set it to FS API using switch_core_media_set_local_sdp. I also see that FS is sending its own generated local sdp, even thought I have set inbound-late-negotiation to "true". Because of this, the remote party is able to hear the audio from my media end point, but my media end point does not receive media as the media is being sent to the rtp endpoint generated by FS.
I am able to create a workaround and set my own sdp if I make some changes in mod_sofia.c and sofia_glue.c source, but this is not the best way to go about it I believe. Any pointers on how I can achieve this within my mod_ itself?
thanks