[Freeswitch-dev] C or C++ Development for Freeswitch Modules

Aaron Scott rony at botl.au.com
Wed Mar 5 05:36:18 MSK 2014

Hi All,

I am working on a module for Freeswitch which could benefit from C++.  I
have written modules before in C++ and didn't find any particular
problem.  However, I can't help but notice that the majority of the
modules that come with Freeswitch are written in C. Is there a
compelling reason to choose C over C++ for Freeswitch module
development?  I realise that C can produce more efficient binaries and
is better suited for low latency tasks but are there any reasons aside
from this?

Kind Regards,

Aaron