[Freeswitch-dev] Do not end session when bridge is hung up

Kenn Leth Hansen klh at justfone.dk
Wed Jan 22 18:57:46 MSK 2014

Hi all,

I am trying to build a service using event sockets where i want to present
the user with an IVR if the called party is busy.

If i bridge caller->callee, upon reception of USER_BUSY both sessions get
terminated and the event socket is closing.

In my scenario I do not want the session from the caller to FreeSWITCH to
be terminated upon USER_BUSY when bridging but instead answer the call
within FreeSWITCH and eventually, at some point, try to bridge to the
callee again. Does this make sense?

Is this at all possible when bridging or should i somehow try to originate
a call to the callee and only bridge them if i do not receive any error
codes?

Best regards,

*Kenn Leth Hansen*
*M.Sc. Engineering *