[Freeswitch-dev] Configuring FREESwitch as ENUM server

Lawrence Conroy lconroy at insensate.co.uk
Thu Mar 7 14:00:36 MSK 2013

Hi There,
 Strictly speaking, there is no such thing as an ENUM server --
as Ken says, it's just a DNS server that is authoritative for domains within (I'd guess in your case) 1.9.e164.arpa.

=> If you *really* mean ENUM, you need to look for a scheme to provision NAPTR data into those domains, and need to get the "owner" of the parent zone to point to your DNS servers for those domains.

Freeswitch (or any other sensible softswitch) will check for ENUM records if you configure it, and calls "will just work".

all the best,
  Lawrence