[Freeswitch-dev] freeswitch SBC register configure

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 20:30:55 MSD 2013

On Wed, Jun 5, 2013 at 3:25 AM, Steven Ayre <steveayre at gmail.com> wrote:

> FS is a B2BUA not a proxy. It doesn't forward messages to another server.

Although I generally agree with your statement. It is not completely
accurate. The fact that FS is a B2BUA does not preclude it from eventually
supporting this feature that is known sometimes as 'upper' or 'thru'
registration, which is fairly common in SBCs, some of which are still
B2BUA. There is little to no standard information in what a B2BUA can
accomplish, so 'forwarding' messages is something a specific B2BUA
implementation can do.

Sangoma's SBC, which has FreeSWITCH at its core has implemented this
functionality. We hope to be able to merge it back as soon as we have a
maintenance window that allows us to upgrade our patch to mod_sofia to
'forward' REGISTER/SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY instead of handling it locally. This is
similar to what a proxy would do, but not exactly, as separate dialogs are
kept on each side (different from/to tags, call-id)

Cheers,

Moy

*Moises Silva
**Manager, Software Engineering***

msilva at sangoma.com

Sangoma Technologies

100 Renfrew Drive, Suite 100, Markham, ON L3R 9R6 Canada

t.   +1 800 388 2475 (N. America)

t.   +1 905 474 1990 x128

f.   +1 905 474 9223

**<http://www.sangoma.com/contact?utm_source=signature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email+signatures>