[Freeswitch-dev] Video input for FreeSwitch

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Fri Jul 5 20:38:50 MSD 2013

At this point FS doesn¹t have support for video as it does for audio in
mod_portaudio. I¹ve been looking for soemthing like this for similar reasons
as you (see http://switchpi.org for what I¹ve been working on)

Unfortunately I don¹t know of a lib we can use for this currently. Also we
have 0 video transcoding support in FreeSWITCH at this time

On 6/22/13 6:53 PM, "Thorhallur Sverrisson" <toti at toti.is> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've been working on setting up FreeSWITCH on my Raspberry PI as a replacement
> for my aging front door intercom.  I have most of the quirks worked out using
> PortAudio for the audio and some shell script magic to handle the button
> input.  As this is project is nearing its end I'ld like to add on the camera
> module for rpi and get streaming video from the front door.
>
> I know FS has h.264 passthrough, and I've seen some mp4 stuff showing up in
> the source tree although I have not dug too deep into that yet.  I'm wondering
> if anyone has looked into this before, or if my idea is too wild to even
> consider.  The rpi has a nice and simple command line program to interface to
> the camera, so 'all' that would be needed, if I understand correctly, is to
> execute the program with the right parameters and stream the standard output
> to the remote end.
>
> Any information or tips would be highly appreciated,
>
> Thor

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org

Ken
http://www.FreeSWITCH.org