[Freeswitch-dev] FreeSWITCH Weekly News and Notes

Michael Collins marketing at cluecon.com
Mon Feb 18 22:38:53 MSK 2013

Greetings all!

Last week was rather interesting. Initially we had planned on doing a
CudaTel <> demonstration on the weekly conference
call. However, interest in Eliot Gable's
mod_ha_cluster<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_ha_cluster>and the
accompanying
conversation<http://lists.freeswitch.org/pipermail/freeswitch-users/2013-February/092187.html>was
particularly intense. That being the case, on last week's conference
call <http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2013_02_13> we spent most
of the time talking about HA in general and how we could build a FreeSWITCH
HA system. We also invited everyone who is interested in the subject to
call in to the public FreeSWITCH conference at 8PM EST on Tuesday evening
(Feb 19) for the first HA conference call. (Eliot won't join until about
8:15PM.) If you have a vested interest in HA for FreeSWITCH then please
join the conference call.

For this week's conference
call<http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/FS_weekly_2013_02_20>we will ask
one of the participants on the Tuesday night call to give us a
brief overview of the HA discussion. After that I will be doing a
demonstration of the CudaTel to show off what the FreeSWITCH team has been
working so hard to develop these past few years. We hope you enjoy it!

For the DIY crowd you may enjoy this site <http://switchpi.org/> that Ken
Rice set up. It's dedicated to doing cool things with FreeSWITCH and
the Raspberry
Pi <http://www.raspberrypi.org/>. Check it out!

In ClueCon <http://www.cluecon.com>2013 news we are getting things all set.
In the coming days we will be making announcements about new sponsors,
registration and hotel information, and a call for speakers for this year's
event. Don't forget to plan for a full 3 days, August 6th - 8th. Also, we
tend to do a lot of fun stuff on the Monday before ClueCon, so it's a good
idea to arrive on or before Monday August 7.

Hope you have a great week!

--
Michael S Collins
ClueCon Team