[Freeswitch-dev] accessing key presses with outbound event socket

Jamie McClelland jm at mayfirst.org
Tue Aug 27 08:55:57 MSD 2013

Hi all,

Thanks again for your help in completing our simulataneous
interpretation system using freeswitch[0].

I'm now trying to add the ability for users to enter the conference
number they would like to join.

I see lots of examples for doing this, but none that are using an
outbound event socket.

With event socket, I can capture dtmf digit events *after* the user
enters the conference call. But I am having trouble first prompting the
user to enter the conference number and then capturing their output and
using it to determine which conference room to sent them to.

I'm using fiorix's python event socket code [1]. So far I've been
experimenting with the read command[2].

However, I'm not sure how to retrieve the digits pressed after calling
this command. Is their a command that can query freeswitch to get the
value of the variable I set with the read command?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jamie

0. http://lists.freeswitch.org/pipermail/freeswitch-dev/2013-February/006406.html
1. https://github.com/fiorix/eventsocket