[Freeswitch-dev] Authoring Modules, moving mymodule.conf.xml to autoload config

Joel Dodson jdodson at acm.org
Wed Aug 21 00:13:01 MSD 2013

Hi,

I'm writing a new module for some specific functionality we need.
I've been going through the wiki page for Authoring Modules
(http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Authoring_Freeswitch_Modules) and
it's been helpful.  I have mod_mymodule (copied from mod_skel)
compiling and running locally.  I've also been looking through
mod_event_socket since my module will be very similar.

I'm stuck now on getting the config file I've included in my module to
be automagically added to the autoload_configs directory.  I've added
a conf directory to my module similarly to how event_socket does it.
I've built my module (make mod_mymodule and make mod_mymodule-install)
but mymodule.conf.xml still is not moved automatically into the
autoload directory.  I do have mod_mymodule included in modules.conf
when I build and install.  I've even tried running bootstrap.sh and
configure again with my mod_mymodule in the source code.

Do I need to manually copy over mymodule.conf.xml when I do a
freeswitch install?  Is there another file I need to add mod_mymodule
to to get the config copied over automatically?

I'm doing this on the latest 1.2 branch from github, I've tried it on
master as well, same results.

thanks,
Joel