[Freeswitch-dev] Question about sofia_presence.c

Gerald Weber gerald.weber at besharp.at
Wed Oct 24 19:55:35 MSD 2012

Hi all,

i'm currently extending my list_users command to show the presence status of registered sip devices.
I have a snom 360 and a bria softphone here to test with, calling one from the other shows 2 rows in sip_dialogs table so presence
is basically working.

Both phones have the ability to set the presence to, e.g. busy or meeting or whatever.

The only problem i have is, that there is no line in sip_presence table when i change the presence on the phone (or using presence in)
Digging through the code, i found that this is  because of the if statement in src/mod/endpoints/mod_sofia/sofia_presence.c line 4204
Looks like a check for multiple registrations, but how is this intended to work with only one registration per user ?
I changed the if to if (count > 0)  for testing and i can see the correct entries in sip_registrations.

I'm not quite sure if i understand the purpose of this code so i didn't raise a jira.
Is this a bug ? If not, does the sip_presence table only get filled when there are more than one registration per user ?

Thanks
gw