[Freeswitch-dev] Installing FreeSWITCH sounds on NetBSD

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at Vex.Net
Mon Oct 22 20:55:23 MSD 2012

On Mon, 22 Oct 2012 09:30:45 -0700
Michael Collins <msc at freeswitch.org> wrote:
> The files we get from GMVoices are slightly "loud" for some folks, so
> we run them through sox with the -v 0.2 arg and it "normalizes" them
> a bit. However, I wouldn't do that same trick again on the sounds
> files in files.freeswitch.org since they've already been normalized.
> If you do then you'd definitely be lowering the volume to what many
> would consider to be a really low level.

That may explain the low sounds in the FreeBSD port then.

I have finished putting the music and sounds files into NetBSD's pkgsrc
tree.  I am now starting on the core package.  More to come.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
System Administrator, Vex.Net