[Freeswitch-dev] Question about sofia-sip project

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu May 3 20:00:36 MSD 2012

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 5:43 AM, Alexsander Petry
<alexsanderpetry at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi, unfortunately, I see that the sofia-sip project has stalled. Even the
> doubts and patches submitted in the list Sofia-sip-devel are unanswered.
> Pekka Pessi no longer responds the emails.
> Do you know what happened, or is happening, with the sofia-sip project?
> What is the future of the sofia-sip project?
> What is the future of the freeswitch project?

FreeSWITCH isn't going away - in fact it is only growing in prominence and
market share. I recommend not reading too much into the lack of activity
with Sofia. The FS dev team is talented and motivated. If there is a future
need to make changes to the FS SIP stack they'll address it in due course.
In the meantime I plan to use FreeSWITCH with great confidence in its
bright future.

-MC