[Freeswitch-dev] Look for some advice on how to implement a FreeSWITCH controlling module

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Wed Feb 22 10:26:37 MSK 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 3:25 AM, Erjian Li <eli at netspectrum.com> wrote:
> I want to implement above functionality in a separate program. When running
> this program communicates with FreeSWITCH via FreeSWITCH's event socket
> library, is it applicable?  I don't have much knowledge about FreeSWITCH's
> loadable module, is it better to implement it as a FreeSWITCH's loadable
> module, like the modules in src/mod/applications?

Both writing a module and using the Event Socket will work. If you
don't know which one to use, chances are, you want to start with Event
Socket. Event Socket also has the added benefit of allowing you to use
whatever language you like.

BTW, there is already a mod_callcenter loadable module in the source
code. Perhaps you can start with improving it.

Good luck,
Gabe