[Freeswitch-dev] How to understand codebase

Jan Berger janvb at live.com
Thu Feb 16 13:10:31 MSK 2012

Reading a large code-base like FS is not that difficult if you use divide & conquer techniques.

Firstly learn to understand FS modularity and get a brief understanding about how the switch core works. That is always nice to know.

Once you have done that you only need to focus on the modules you actually want to work with.

And the advice below is important - it's a bit hard to read and understand code before you know how to use the system. I will advice you to move usage questions to the user list - simply because you get more actual users responding in there.

have fun

Jan