[Freeswitch-dev] mod_httapi

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu Feb 2 19:44:16 MSK 2012

Actually, Anthony understood your question and gave you a solution with
bonus information. I especially liked the part where you tell Anthony what
early media is. That's kind of like telling a neurosurgeon that a person's
brain is inside the cranium. :P

If you issue a playback without actually answering the call then the net
effect is that you are pre_answering the call and the file you are playing
is in early media, i.e. you have not actually "answered" the call from a
billing perspective. From the caller perspective the file you play is the
ringback that they will hear.

Is there something you were curious about beyond sending audio to the
caller in early media mode?

-MC