[Freeswitch-dev] trailing white spaces in code cleanup suggestions and jira question

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Sun Apr 8 00:01:36 MSD 2012

/usr/src/freeswitch/src# grep -rc "\s\+$" * | grep -v ":0$"

1200+ files with trailing whitespace does seem a bit excessive, however I
don't know how large a "problem" it really is. If you're going to do
whitespace cleanup I recommend starting small, like with mod_rtmp.c. Run
your whitespace cleanup script on just a few files, recompile them, verify
that it's all good, then commit & push. I don't know about the other devs,
but I would feel much more comfortable with small, controlled updates than
a large sweep that does a lot of files.

Just my $0.02...

-MC