[Freeswitch-dev] Music on Hold gets choppy and cuts off intermittently when VAD is enabled on Freeswitch

Jyotshna Cherukuri jcherukuri_necc at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 24 18:44:34 MSD 2011

Hi,

I have 2 user agent SIP profiles set up on my Freeswitch server(one profile uses PCMU as its codec-prefs and other uses SILK at 8000Hz) and I enabled VAD on PCMU sip profile.

When I make a phone call which involves SILK-PCMU transcoding and if I put PCMU user ON HOLD, I am seeing an issue with MOH being cut off . It seems to quit after playing for a while , breaking through only transiently. It doesn't seem good to the party listening to MOH. This doesn't seem to happen when VAD is disabled though. I had to enable VAD as I was constantly hearing hissing background noise during conversation if VAD was not enabled.

Are there any settings I can adjust in Freeswitch to disable VAD when wav files are bing played in general. Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance
Regards
Jyotshna