[Freeswitch-dev] Speex rtpmap negotiation

Andy Wood andyw999 at hotmail.com
Fri May 13 17:58:22 MSD 2011

I have client software (Win32 and ARM Linux) which uses an old eXosip and is not doing SDP negotiation properly.

The clients use rtpmap:103 and 110 for Speex WB and NB respectively.

If the clients call each other then everything is OK as FreeSwitch behaves very well and passes the received rtpmap values forward.

Where my difficulty lies is when I use bgapi originate user xxxx yyyy.

What happens then is that FreeSwitch then uses 98 and 99 as the rtpmap values, my client does not like it and the call fails with a BYE Reason: Q.850;cause=88;text="INCOMPATIBLE_DESTINATION".

I have tried to alter the ianacodes in mod_speex to what I want but it does not work.

Please could somebody let me know how to do this as I can't really use G711 due to bandwidth constraints.

Thanks

Andy.