[Freeswitch-dev] Chat Dialplan

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 04:23:16 MSD 2011

you control the user names on your system the prefix+ string is just
part of the username people would talk to.

for instance ext+ namespace is has auto presence built in so if you
add ext+1000 to your list it will auto advertise that it's online.

conf+ goes to the conference.

conf+888 at server.com will go to FS on server.com and route the chat
messages to the mod_conference.

so basically you are proposing to try to modify sofia and break the
other stuff  because you do not like the prefix string on the user
names but its designed to allow you to cross connect protocols, eg
mod_sofia has sip+ registered and mod_dingaling has jingle+ so you can
use jabber to pass sip+user at domain.com to your buddy list and have it
report accurate presence.

Basically you make a new module called mod_foo and register the foo namespace.
Then on your clients you subscribe to foo+1000 at server.com for instance.
Chat messages to that foo namespace will arrive in your code and you
have the option to reply to them completely agnostic of the protocol
sip, jabber etc.

You seem to be asking for advice but then ignoring it coming from the
author of all of the above who spent many man hours solving this
problem so it would be abstract.  so I'm lost for what else to tell
you.

Maybe we can confirm that you are simply taken aback by the idea of
starting all your usernames with foo+ and simply propose to unravel
everything in pursuit of removing it?