[Freeswitch-dev] Freeswitch timing out waiting for response from Erlang

Mark Sobkow m.sobkow at marketelsystems.com
Thu Jan 13 00:31:50 MSK 2011

I updated our Freeswitch built to today's git head, and am now having a
problem with the Erlang-Freeswitch communications.  Has the format of
the freeswitch.xml configuration file changed at all lately?  (Past
couple of months)

What's happening is we're getting Freeswitch starting and getting
recognized by our freeswitch_monitor erlang process.  I successfully
registers the Freeswitch callbacks so that it should receive requests
for config data from freeswitch.  Freeswitch correctly requests the
timezone configuration file, which we send back, logging the contents of
the file we sent.

However, 5 seconds later fs_cli reports that Freeswitch timed out
waiting for a response, after which it makes no further requests for
config data.

This is code that's been working for over a year, hence my suspicion
that something may have changed on the Freeswitch side of things.

Mark Sobkow
Senior Developer
MarkeTel Multi-Line Dialing Systems LTD.
428 Victoria Ave
Regina, SK S4N-0P6
Toll-Free: 800-289-8616-X533
Fax: 306-359-6879
Email: m.sobkow at marketelsystems.com
Web: http://www.marketelsystems.com

Visit our Blog for industry related information.
http://marketel-systems.blogspot.com/