[Freeswitch-dev] Epoch current time difference

Eliot Gable egable at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 19:56:46 MSK 2011

I have been using it under LXC containers without issues, as well, but they
are like OpenVZ where it runs on bare-metal hardware and not through some
full virtualization environment.

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 11:41 AM, Anthony Minessale <
anthony.minessale at gmail.com> wrote:

> FreeSWITCH will only run as good as a VE can perform.
>
> It is perfectly safe to use it in production but we WILL NOT support
> performance issues related to running in a VE because there are too many
> variables and emulations present to know the root cause of any particular
> performance issue.
>
> Our community conference server is a VE but its openvz which has proven
> the most reliable VE to run FreeSWITCH under that we have tested.
>
> Especially with current FS HEAD, it runs as expected on EC2 assuming you
> are choosing the correct image with full CPU power and the amazon linux OS.
>

> On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 9:01 AM, Cavalera Claudio Luigi <
> Claudio.Cavalera at italtel.it> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I'm trying to clarify this concept in order to add it to create a "clock"
>> entry on the wiki.
>>
>> What does "virtual migrations over VE" mean?
>>
>> Could FS run safely in production on virtual environments (e.g. vmware)
>> or this is a "screwed by design" deployment because of unsolvable timing
>> issues?
>> I've read on the wiki
>> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Amazon_EC2
>> the ML
>>
>> http://old.nabble.com/Announcing-the-FreeSWITCH-Technology-Preview-VMWare-Appliance.-tt21478354.html#a21478354
>>
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/freeswitch-users@lists.freeswitch.org/msg07704.html
>> and also some vmware specific docs
>> http://tinyurl.com/bmympov
>>
>> but I'm still unsure. Which of the following are true?
>> 1) It's not safe to run FS on a vmware production environment
>> 2) It's perfectly safe to run FS on a vmware production environment
>> provided that FS does not handle media (i.e. use bypass_media)
>> 3) It's perfectly safe to run FS on a vmware production environment
>> taking advantage of the full FS features set (e.g. potential transcoding,
>> IVR, conferencing).
>>
>> Kind Regards,
>> Claudio

Eliot Gable

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors: we borrow it from our
children." ~David Brower

"I decided the words were too conservative for me. We're not borrowing from
our children, we're stealing from them--and it's not even considered to be
a crime." ~David Brower

"Esse oportet ut vivas, non vivere ut edas." (Thou shouldst eat to live;
not live to eat.) ~Marcus Tullius Cicero