[Freeswitch-dev] Freeswitch latest source rebuild issue under Windows

Daniel Bryars daniel.bryars at aeriandi.com
Wed Apr 13 13:42:25 MSD 2011

In my experience I have found that the nightly snapshot  (http://files.freeswitch.org/freeswitch-snapshot.tar.gz)builds reliably on Windows. I use FreeSwitch.2010.sln but last night I tried the FreeSwitch.2010.express.sln and this worked fine too.

However, I have not personally been able to build FS successfully if I get the HEAD from GIT directly. I spent some time last night looking at the difference between the files in the "snapshot" and the files from the HEAD (via git) and there are several empty header files in the version from GIT which are causing the build to fail. Alongside these header files are some ".IN" files which look like they are templates for the header files. I'm guessing there is some sort of intermediate pre-processor step to parse these .IN files and create the headers. I don't know. Does this make any sense to anyone?

@Andrew - Perhaps you have the same problem? I'd like to use the HEAD rather than the "snapshot"; I plan on spending some time on this tomorrow night, I'll let you know what I find out.

Dan