[Freeswitch-dev] Freeswitch latest source rebuild issue under Windows
peter.olsson at visionutveckling.se
Tue Apr 12 14:23:17 MSD 2011
Don't use 1.0.7, it's old. Use latest git HEAD and try again.
Från: freeswitch-dev-bounces at lists.freeswitch.org [mailto:freeswitch-dev-bounces at lists.freeswitch.org] För Andrew Keil
Skickat: den 29 mars 2011 04:11
Till: freeswitch-dev at lists.freeswitch.org
Ämne: [Freeswitch-dev] Freeswitch latest source rebuild issue under Windows
To Freeswitch developers....
OK. Here goes, what I have done so far...
1) Setup a Virtual Machine running 32-bit XP SP3 (with all Critical Updates applied). That way I can quickly go back in time and try an install again if necessary.
2) Since I noticed that you now support Visual C++ 2010 Express, I downloaded and installed that (without the option for SQL Server Express 2008).
3) I also then installed the Windows SDK (7.1 (the latest version)). The reason for this is when I download your latest build of Freeswitch 1.0.7 today it complained about 64bit settings throughout various project files when opening Freeswitch.2010.express.sln
4) Then I simply downloaded your latest build from http://latest.freeswitch.org/ and extracted it out to c:\FreeSWITCH (so that there is a sub-directory freeswitch-1.0.7 below it with all the files) - this looks the same layout as the Freeswitch book example, except 1.0.7 version instead.
5) Opened the Freeswitch.2010.express.sln
5.1) Stated inside the Visual Studio Output Window: "Some of the properties associated with the solution could not be read."
6) Built the solution via F7
See attached for the build errors from Visual Studio.
I guess my questions are the following:
Q1) Should I be running Visual C++ 2010 Express or Visual C++ 2008 Express - it does not matter to me, however I always like to move with the times?
Q2) Was I right in installing the Windows SDK (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/bb980924.aspx) after the installation of Visual C++ 2010 Express? Perhaps this should be added to the Freeswitch windows installation instructions page: http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Installation_for_Windows
Q3) Should I expect the http://latest.freeswitch.org/ version of freeswitch to Build first time? Has this been tested?
Q4) Should I simply use the 1.0.6 version with Visual C++ 2008 Express and follow the Freeswitch book word for word? This seems a reliable path, but I am a 'C' developer myself and would like to start out with a more up-to-date dev. environment and a version of freeswitch that is closer to the current version.
Q5) Can someone make comments on the Build errors that are inside the attached file.
Obviously I could go through and debug each build error, however I feel it best to have my questions answered above to avoid wasting time.
Please note. I can happily start again and go back in time to the point prior to the installation of Visual C++ 2010 Express, since I am running a ESXi Virtual Machine. All I aiming for is a clean setup of FreeSWITCH under XP for testing and developing purposes (this is not to run in a production environment). I would like to be as up-to-date as possible in order to progress quickly (obviously I will install GIT/TortoiseGIT etc.. to make my dev. environment more integrated once I have a working base version of Freeswitch).
Thanks in advance,
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the FreeSWITCH-dev