[Freeswitch-dev] Google Voice incoming calls

Oleg Khovayko khovayko at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 15:45:42 PDT 2010

Brian West wrote:
> On Sep 5, 2010, at 9:36 AM, Oleg Khovayko wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I very excited with your new feature: support GV in the FreeSWITCH.
>> This is real and valuable asset, and I definitely plan to use it.
>>
>> Yesterday, Sep 4, I fetch new FS tree by GIT, build and install.
>> Outgoing calls through GV works OK.
>>
>> But, I faced 2 problems with incoming calls.
>>
>> 1. When calls comes in, phone rings.
>> But, when I pick up handset on recipient's phone, I hear nothing.
>> In the caller's handset,I continue hear long beeps. And, thereafter,
>> in ~30s, GVs answering machine activated.
>> Looks like GV doesn't understand, when I pick up handset on recepient's
>> phone.
>> I tried couple times, with 2 phones: X-lite softphone and VM1188T SIP phone.
>> Result is same. Can you help me to resolve this problem? Log following.
>>
> Sounds like you are behind nat and failed to set the ext-rtp-ip.

Yes, you right. My computer behind the NAT.
And, when I originally wrote e-mail, there was really did not activated
ext-rtp-ip.

I have uncommented it, and wrote into client.xml:

<param name="ext-rtp-ip" value="auto-nat"/>

Anyway, this is not help.
Also, I tried directly write into this field IPv4 address: 173.79.240.220
Anyway, result exactly same: Call goes in, but when recipient picks up
handset - originator continues hear "calling" long beeps, and voicemail
thereafter.

> Moving forward put logs in pastebin and post the link to them because email mangles them to be unreadable.

I deposited piece of log, includes this accident, onto my site:
http://olegh.ath.cx/gv_fail.log
You can fetch and review.

Thanks,
Oleg