[Freeswitch-dev] JIRA Commented: (DP-15) uuid_record not working

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Sat Mar 13 17:12:05 PST 2010

Chances are you're doing something silly like trying to uuid_record a proxy_media session or a bypass media session .. I can 100% confirm that uuid_record does work.

/b

On Mar 13, 2010, at 7:00 PM, Mark Sobkow wrote:

> [...]
>
> I could include gobs of logfile output about the calls being established, the UUIDs associated with them, and a walkthrough about what I was doing with the phone system at the time, but that seemed to be information overload that had little to do with the core problem.
>
> In short, the operator logs in to the system with a PIN code and is put on hold waiting for a customer to call in or for an automated callback to be processed.  They're then bridged to the customer (works), and I try to start recording the call with uuid_record.  When they're done the call (customer hangs up), the operator call is redirected to a play_and_get_digits dialplan fragment, which routes the result code to another Erlang callback that calculates the duration of the call, records the result code, and issues a uuid_record stop command before placing the operator back on hold, waiting for the next customer.
>
> I'd be happy to rerun the tests and capture the full fs_cli log for you, if it would be of help.  However, as I mentioned, I didn't see anything in those log statements about call recordings.  With over twenty years of programming under my belt, I do understand the importance of providing relevant information to debug a problem, but I also know better than to just blindly attach entire log files full of what is essentially garbage relevant to the problem.
>>> uuid_record not working
>>> -----------------------
>>>
>>>                 Key: DP-15
>>>
>>> When I try to record a call as follows, I get an error from Freeswitch.  With svn16569, it would do the first recording request and error out on subsequent requests for a long-lived operator session that gets bridged to multiple customers over the  course of a day.  Now it's refusing to record even the first session with svn16972.
>>> recordCall( Operator ) ->
>>> 	{ ok, DialerSpoolMsgDir } = mnesia_sofia:getSofiaConfigValue( dialerSpoolMsgDir ),
>>> 	{ ok, DialerSpoolMsgPrefix } = mnesia_sofia:getSofiaConfigValue( dialerSpoolMsgPrefix ),
>>> 	{ ok, DialerSpoolMsgType } = mnesia_sofia:getSofiaConfigValue( dialerSpoolMsgType ),
>>> 	{{ Year, Month, Day }, { Hour, Min, Sec }} = erlang:localtime(),
>>> 	Timestamp = lists:flatten(
>>> 		io_lib:format( "~4.10.0B~2.10.0B~2.10.0B_~2.10.0B~2.10.0B~2.10.0B",
>>> 			[Year, Month, Day, Hour, Min, Sec] ) ),
>>> 	FullFileName = DialerSpoolMsgDir ++ "/"
>>> 		++ DialerSpoolMsgPrefix ++ "-" ++ Timestamp ++ "." ++ DialerSpoolMsgType,
>>> 	syslog:info( "pbx_bridge:recordCall() Recording call to ~s~n", [FullFileName] ),
>>> 	RecordResult = pbx:api( uuid_record, Operator#pbx_operator_registry.operator_uuid ++ " start " ++ FullFileName ),
>>> 	syslog:debug( "pbx_bridge:recordCall() RecordResult is ~p~n", [RecordResult] ),
>>> 	Operator#pbx_operator_registry{ record_file_name=FullFileName }.
>>> 2010-03-12 17:20:20 DEBUG <0.645.0>: pbx_bridge:bridgeOperatorAndCustomer() Record all calls is true
>>> 2010-03-12 17:20:20 INFO <0.645.0>: pbx_bridge:recordCall() Recording call to /var/spool/pursuit/pursuit-20100312_172020.gsm
>>> 2010-03-12 17:20:20 DEBUG <0.645.0>: pbx:api() Sent to Pid <0.894.0>