[Freeswitch-dev] JIRA Commented: (DP-15) uuid_record not working

Brian West brian at freeswitch.org
Sat Mar 13 17:12:05 PST 2010

Chances are you're doing something silly like trying to uuid_record a proxy_media session or a bypass media session .. I can 100% confirm that uuid_record does work.


On Mar 13, 2010, at 7:00 PM, Mark Sobkow wrote:

> Anthony Minessale II (JIRA) wrote:
>>     [ http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/DP-15?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=19666#action_19666 ] 
>> Anthony Minessale II commented on DP-15:
>> ----------------------------------------
>> I would appriciate a little more leg work than this.
>> What is this output from that you pasted here?
> It's the debug output produced by the syslog:debug statements in the code fragment I included.
>> Did you capture the exact command you are actually sending to fs?
> api( uuid_record, "OperatorUUID /var/spool/pursuit/pursuit-20100312_172020.gsm" )
>> Do you have any debug output from fs itself on debug log level?
> I run Freeswitch with full debugging enabled, and had fs_cli open at the time.  However, it didn't produce any messages that seemed relevant, such as the start recording events that I used to see with the previous SVN.
>> I am going to guess there is a lot more info you could have captured before dumping your issue off on our doorstep.
> Sorry if it seems that way.  I did spend over a day updating Freeswitch to the latest SVN trunk, was informed of the need to upgrade Wanpipe along the way, wrassled with that (mainly due to our build system, not because of Freeswitch), and then retested this morning.
> I could include gobs of logfile output about the calls being established, the UUIDs associated with them, and a walkthrough about what I was doing with the phone system at the time, but that seemed to be information overload that had little to do with the core problem.
> In short, the operator logs in to the system with a PIN code and is put on hold waiting for a customer to call in or for an automated callback to be processed.  They're then bridged to the customer (works), and I try to start recording the call with uuid_record.  When they're done the call (customer hangs up), the operator call is redirected to a play_and_get_digits dialplan fragment, which routes the result code to another Erlang callback that calculates the duration of the call, records the result code, and issues a uuid_record stop command before placing the operator back on hold, waiting for the next customer.
> I'd be happy to rerun the tests and capture the full fs_cli log for you, if it would be of help.  However, as I mentioned, I didn't see anything in those log statements about call recordings.  With over twenty years of programming under my belt, I do understand the importance of providing relevant information to debug a problem, but I also know better than to just blindly attach entire log files full of what is essentially garbage relevant to the problem.
>>> uuid_record not working
>>> -----------------------
>>>                 Key: DP-15
>>>                 URL: http://jira.freeswitch.org/browse/DP-15
>>>             Project: Dialplan Modules
>>>          Issue Type: Bug
>>>         Environment: Ubuntu Hardy 32-bit
>>>            Reporter: Mark Sobkow
>>>            Assignee: Anthony Minessale II
>>>            Priority: Major
>>> When I try to record a call as follows, I get an error from Freeswitch.  With svn16569, it would do the first recording request and error out on subsequent requests for a long-lived operator session that gets bridged to multiple customers over the  course of a day.  Now it's refusing to record even the first session with svn16972.
>>> recordCall( Operator ) ->
>>> 	{ ok, DialerSpoolMsgDir } = mnesia_sofia:getSofiaConfigValue( dialerSpoolMsgDir ),
>>> 	{ ok, DialerSpoolMsgPrefix } = mnesia_sofia:getSofiaConfigValue( dialerSpoolMsgPrefix ),
>>> 	{ ok, DialerSpoolMsgType } = mnesia_sofia:getSofiaConfigValue( dialerSpoolMsgType ),
>>> 	{{ Year, Month, Day }, { Hour, Min, Sec }} = erlang:localtime(),
>>> 	Timestamp = lists:flatten(
>>> 		io_lib:format( "~4.10.0B~2.10.0B~2.10.0B_~2.10.0B~2.10.0B~2.10.0B",
>>> 			[Year, Month, Day, Hour, Min, Sec] ) ),
>>> 	FullFileName = DialerSpoolMsgDir ++ "/"
>>> 		++ DialerSpoolMsgPrefix ++ "-" ++ Timestamp ++ "." ++ DialerSpoolMsgType,
>>> 	syslog:info( "pbx_bridge:recordCall() Recording call to ~s~n", [FullFileName] ),
>>> 	RecordResult = pbx:api( uuid_record, Operator#pbx_operator_registry.operator_uuid ++ " start " ++ FullFileName ),
>>> 	syslog:debug( "pbx_bridge:recordCall() RecordResult is ~p~n", [RecordResult] ),
>>> 	Operator#pbx_operator_registry{ record_file_name=FullFileName }.
>>> 2010-03-12 17:20:20 DEBUG <0.645.0>: pbx_bridge:bridgeOperatorAndCustomer() Record all calls is true
>>> 2010-03-12 17:20:20 INFO <0.645.0>: pbx_bridge:recordCall() Recording call to /var/spool/pursuit/pursuit-20100312_172020.gsm
>>> 2010-03-12 17:20:20 DEBUG <0.645.0>: pbx:api() Sent to Pid <0.894.0>
>>> 2010-03-12 17:20:20 DEBUG <0.645.0>: pbx_bridge:recordCall() RecordResult is {error,
>>>                                                                               "-ERR Cannot record session!\n"}
> _______________________________________________
> FreeSWITCH-dev mailing list
> FreeSWITCH-dev at lists.freeswitch.org
> http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/freeswitch-dev
> UNSUBSCRIBE:http://lists.freeswitch.org/mailman/options/freeswitch-dev
> http://www.freeswitch.org

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.freeswitch.org/pipermail/freeswitch-dev/attachments/20100313/7440e4c8/attachment.html 

More information about the FreeSWITCH-dev mailing list