[Freeswitch-dev] FSComm basic issue

João Mesquita jmesquita at freeswitch.org
Sun Mar 7 20:18:59 PST 2010

Sorry for the late reply. Was out of town...

Inline...

JM

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 1:59 PM, Suneel Papineni <
Suneel.Papineni at mettoni.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>

> I am trying to use FSComm with Freeswitch and facing following issues.
>

> 1.       Using pre-build binary (windows), when the application is started
> FSComm is getting Registered properly. When I tried to make a call, UI
> displays Dialing... but unable to see any SIP (INVITE) messages in wireshark
> traces. After sometime UI displays with message “Call with (destination
> number) failed with reason DESTINATION_OUT_OF_ORDER though destination
> number is registered with another FSComm”

How exactly are you dialing from the UI? What version are you running? You
can check the build on Help -> About

> 2.       Also I am unable to see any logs generated in the log folder.

What do you mean by unable?

> Downloaded the latest source code (Freeswitch 1.0.5 latest updated as on
> 26/02/10 at 4am) and tried to build FSComm. Build was succeeded. Application
> (FSComm) also started and displayed with UI. When I try to change the
> preferences, it has thrown Porta Audio Error saying “Error Querying Audio
> Devices” even though proper audio devices are present.

Have you checked if mod_portaudio was loaded? I still have to implement some
error messages on startup when PA or the core does not load.

> Also it doesn’t create folders like “conf”, “mod”. Even after copying all
> the required dll’s and mod files (as specified in FSComm wiki pages),
> application is throwing the same error.

That's why ppl have been packaging the Windows build. On Linux, we create
all dirs just fine. I just checked.

> I am using Windows XP machine. Built a Debug & Release version with 32-bit
> option.
>
> If someone has built FSComm for windows environment and is working fine,
> could you please let me know if there are any additional things I need to do
> to make it work.

I will try to get myself built FSComm over Windows, but I have lousy skills
on MSVS... jlenk was helping me out, will pick it up again to get code
improved.