[Freeswitch-dev] mod_limit / db / hash changes - If you update action is required

Rupa Schomaker rupa at rupa.com
Sat Jun 19 09:15:41 PDT 2010

If you've been paying attention to the conf call or irc you'll know this
change was coming.  I've committed a significant change to how limits are
managed in FreeSWITCH.  This change is NOT backwards compatible.  It
requires one to:

0) git pull (of course)
1) rerun ./configure to generate new Makefiles for new modules
2) edit modules.conf, remove mod_limit and add mod_db and mod_hash
3) modify conf/autoload_configs/modules.conf.xml, remove mod_limit and add
mod_db and mod_hash
4) create/edit conf/autoload_configs/db.conf.xml if using ODBC

In your dialplan, anywhere you are using limit, you need to add db to the
data line.  Anywhere you are using limit_hash you need to remove _hash from
application and add hash to the front of the data line.  Same pattern
applies to any API usage of limit you may be using.

Read the wiki at: http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Limit for documentation on
limit.

Ok, why the change?

limit has been moved into core with support for pluggable backend limit
providers.  This allows one to develop limit backends relatively easily and
provides a more structured interface to these different limit backends.
 Expect to see backends provided by more than just db and hash.

It also always bothered me that db and hash were part of the mod_limit
module.  They are not standalone and provide functionality specific to
themselves.

I've updated the wiki with documentation.  I'll continue to update the wiki
as necessary, feel free to do so yourself if there is something unclear or
missing.

--
-Rupa