[Freeswitch-dev] JavaScript - how bad is it?

Jan Berger jan.berger at video24.no
Sat Jun 5 05:07:25 PDT 2010

Hi,

I know from a previous postings/discussions that the Javascript we use is
considered to be bad - performance and memory wise. Can someone explain a
little - who did the Javascript integration?

The reason I ask is because I am working on ccxml and vxml - and I need to
add ECMAScript due to compatibility with external tools/libraries

.

The impression I get from wiki is that Lua perform 2 x the speed of
JavaScript - does anyone know exactly why?

Jan