[Freeswitch-dev] FSComm PortAudio error

Paul Li plite2012 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 21:32:17 PST 2010

Most likely, your Vista 64-bit machine has a generic Vista 64-bit
(High Definition) audio driver, instead of a specific audio  driver
for your machine's sound card. It seems PortAudio does not like the
generic audio driver from Microsoft, even though you can play
audio/video fine with Windows media player or Real Player.

This is from my experience. I installed Windows 7 on my old PC. At
first, PortAudio failed to pick up sound device before I installed
proper audio driver. When I finally installed proper audio driver,
PortAudio works perfectly.

Good luck to find a proper audio driver to your OS!