[Freeswitch-dev] getting out of proxy media

Paweł Pierścionek pawel at voiceworks.pl
Fri Jan 29 08:00:16 PST 2010

Hi,

 I have a stupid case with proxy media. (I need it so T.38 works, bypass is not an option).

 I set proxy_media to true, do a simple bridge to a sip destination and then, once it fails, I need to play a prompt that it failed.

 The bridge fails with SIP cause 404 after a second worth of G.729 early media (can't ignore the early media)

 Tried:

 a) pre_answer + playback
 b) answer + playback
 c) redirect to a sip destination with a proper prompt
 d) deflect to a sip destination with a proper prompt
 e) bridge to a sip destination with a proper prompt while forcing PCMA codec

A & B fail with Codec PROXY PASS-THROUGH encoder error!
C - hangs the channel indefinitely
D - hangups the channel without sending SIP REDIRECT (call is never fully answered)
E - fails with Codec PROXY PASS-THROUGH encoder error!

Any ideas how can I enjoy proxy_media and yet be able to play anything to the user if the bridge setup fails ?

Bounty?

Pawel,