[Freeswitch-dev] Openzap and intermitent ringing

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 11:01:03 PST 2010

Hi again François,

Please keep the conversation in the freeswitch-dev mailing list, unless you
want private paid support ;-)

See the answer to your question below ...

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 3:57 AM, François Legal <devel at thom.fr.eu.org>wrote:

> Do you know if there is a way (except using an oscilloscope to sample the
> line signal) to get a dump of the data sent to the card by openzap (is it
> samples or something) and vice versa.
>

> What I would like to do is see what is returned to openzap when a call
> arrives on an FXO port (CLIP is working in that direction) and compare it to
> what is being sent to the card when sending CLIP to and FXS port.

Once the call gets into the computer we're talking about digital audio
samples. In a typical configuration a Sangoma board will give you 160
samples of audio each 20ms (most likely encoded in ulaw, that can be
verified in /etc/wanpipe/wanpipex.conf for the FXO/FXS board, look at the
TDMV_LAW parameter).

There is an openzap API command to record the digital audio read from the
board, check ZAP_COMMAND_TRACE_INPUT and ZAP_COMMAND_TRACE_OUTPUT. What we
currently lack is a FreeSWITCH command in mod_openzap to enable/disable the
audio tracing. It should be trivial to hack mod_openzap.c and add that
command, if you need help with that ping me on IRC (moy).

--
Moises Silva
Senior Software Engineer
t. 1 905 474 1990 x 128 | e. moy at sangoma.com