[Freeswitch-dev] Add accountcode to Show Channels

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 07:47:58 PDT 2009

My concern would be that once you decide you want one arbitrary var in "show
channels" it may open the flood gates.
The downside to constantly polling for results is you have to check all the
time.  If you monitored events yourself in a dedicated process you could be
informed exactly when something changes and the events on channels have
*all* the variables in them for that channel.

I am not rejecting the patch, I am just trying to point out alternatives
because I am worried about the arbitrary value becoming a permanent column
in a core functionality.

btw,

you can also do

show channels as csv
show channels as xml

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 5:48 AM, Matt Riddell <lists at venturevoip.com> wrote:

> On 15/09/09 9:29 PM, Trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:
> > On Tue, 2009-09-15 at 19:24 +1200, Matt Riddell wrote:
> >> Hmmm, so like set a limit of a max of like 1000000000 calls and then use
> >> the hash as the lookup index for the group - could work.
> >>

> > not quite what I was thinking, but if that works.  There are other ways
> > to store data if you arent going to use it for an actual limit.
> >
> > http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_limit#Synopsis
> >
> > Those may work better if that is how you are thinking of it.
>
> Cool, ty.
>
> >> Yeah, that'd likely be a bit much - bear in mind we're currently
> >> restricted to one MySQL database per 8 Asterisk servers because of the
> >> load from CDR/number lookups.
> >>

> > You may be able to see based on event socket, and track it that way.
> >
> > Almost sounds like you need some mysql server replication to offset the
> > load of all of this a bit :)
>
> We tend to just run them as separate entities - that way you can totally
> destroy any of the node sets and the system keeps going - the front end
> just funnels requests out and whatever SmoothTorque set can take it does :)
>
> Thanks heaps for all the pointers - I've still got so much to learn!
>
> --
> Cheers,
>
> Matt Riddell
> Director