[Freeswitch-dev] Add accountcode to Show Channels

Matt Riddell lists at venturevoip.com
Tue Sep 15 00:24:22 PDT 2009

On 15/09/09 7:12 PM, Trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:
> The key can be the account code, so that you can look for each code you
> are interested in and know how many calls are up for that code itself.
>

> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_limit#Limit_Example
> http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Mod_limit#limit_hash_usage
>
> Will that do what you want?  Granted you have to tweak the example to
> use the account code and all, but ...

Hmmm, so like set a limit of a max of like 1000000000 calls and then use
the hash as the lookup index for the group - could work.

>> The problem is that I'll also need to see where in the dialplan each
>> channel is up to and then from there relate back to customers.
>>
> there are a couple ways to accomplish this.  For one thing the dialplan
> can actually be a socket connection where you can say exactly where it
> is at any time.  Depending on load you could actually have the call
> store its state data via odbc using a update, although this does add
> load, it lets you query a DB server instead of the switch for this
> information which can relieve some load on your switch.  My preference
> is to offload most things elsewhere and leave the switches just for
> calls, but that is just me.

Yeah, that'd likely be a bit much - bear in mind we're currently
restricted to one MySQL database per 8 Asterisk servers because of the
load from CDR/number lookups.

Maybe though if I wrote a proxy that sat between SmoothTorque and
FreeSwitch, and it could keep an internal hashtable - problem is, if I'm
going to do that, it would probably make more sense to do it in
SmoothTorque anyway.

I think it would be pretty close to impossible to log state information
just because of the sheer volume of calls.  I.E. just storing a record
at the end of a call is hard enough, let alone storing state changes.

> I am just throwing options out there, the best option for what you need
> may be the patch you did, one of the things about FreeSWITCH is that
> there are usually multiple ways to accomplish the same task.

Yeah, it's a pretty steep learning curve though.  Sucks to go from being
a guru to a no0b in one second :D

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell