[Freeswitch-dev] question about codecs negotiation

Georgiewskiy Yuriy bottleman at icf.org.ru
Sat Oct 31 15:26:59 PDT 2009

On 2009-10-31 16:53 -0500, Anthony Minessale wrote freeswitch-dev at lists.fre...:

AM>1) proxy_media mode does not work with anything but sip right now.

and may bee i wont make it to work not only in sip. why not?

AM>2) for t38 we do have a struct and we parse it and insert it into the
AM>channel (look for it in mod_sofia code)

ok, in theory if i find a way to switch to t38 in transcoding mode i can forget
about proxy mode and bypass media mode too, but we have pure performance in this
way, it can be used like class 5 but not as sbc or signaling converter.

AM>3) if you set late negotiation in sofia you get a var called ep_codec_string
AM>which is the codecs from the sdp normalized into the codec_string elements
AM>that we pass (it's still not what you want but easier to parse)

anyway in way you tell me i need to parse and construct sdp in 2 way.
ep_codec_string don't help me much.

AM>4) if you are wiling to enhance the code yourself and it meets our standards
AM>you are welcome to work on it but if you are just asking us to do it we are
AM>not in a big hurry right now.

i not asking to do it, i asking how to do it in best way because you have a cleaner
understanding of fs arhitecture than my.

AM>5) use more polite description besides ugly when talking about somone else's
AM>work you are using for yourself even if you don't agree with it. The only
AM>protocol we use in this mode is sip so far which only needs sdp so the ugly
AM>way worked quite well.

i say ugly about way you tell me how to solve my problem, but not about how it work
in sip, i thought freeswitch is not sip based, it can support various protocols.
if this mode dedicated to sip only it need to be be writen in docs i think.

C уважением                       With Best Regards
Георгиевский Юрий.                Georgiewskiy Yuriy
+7 4872 711666                    +7 4872 711666
факс +7 4872 711143               fax +7 4872 711143
Компания ООО "Ай Ти Сервис"       IT Service Ltd
http://nkoort.ru                  http://nkoort.ru
JID: GHhost at jabber.tula-ix.net.ru JID: GHhost at jabber.tula-ix.net.ru
YG129-RIPE                        YG129-RIPE