[Freeswitch-dev] question about codecs negotiation

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 14:53:09 PDT 2009

1) proxy_media mode does not work with anything but sip right now.
2) for t38 we do have a struct and we parse it and insert it into the
channel (look for it in mod_sofia code)
3) if you set late negotiation in sofia you get a var called ep_codec_string
which is the codecs from the sdp normalized into the codec_string elements
that we pass (it's still not what you want but easier to parse)
4) if you are wiling to enhance the code yourself and it meets our standards
you are welcome to work on it but if you are just asking us to do it we are
not in a big hurry right now.
5) use more polite description besides ugly when talking about somone else's
work you are using for yourself even if you don't agree with it. The only
protocol we use in this mode is sip so far which only needs sdp so the ugly
way worked quite well.

2009/10/31 Georgiewskiy Yuriy <bottleman at icf.org.ru>

> On 2009-10-31 13:26 -0400, Michael Jerris wrote
> freeswitch-dev at lists.freesw...:
>

> MJ>On Oct 31, 2009, at 1:11 PM, Georgiewskiy Yuriy wrote:
> MJ>
> MJ>> On 2009-10-31 10:54 -0400, Michael Jerris wrote
> freeswitch-dev at lists.freesw
> MJ>> ...:
> MJ>>
> MJ>> why not make some API for this?
> MJ>>
> MJ>
> MJ>There is an api, it is switch_channel_set_variable.  We have not
> MJ>needed any api to convert to/from sdp yet and those would be specific
> MJ>to the endpoint that uses rtp but does not use sdp and should be
> MJ>specific to those modules.
>
> in my opinion, API is a programing interface but not one variable
> in some format and one procedure to set it. i think there need some
> kind of strukture and/or API to negotiate codecs between call legs,
> it solve my problem and problem with t38 in transcoding mode too.
> but it needed some changes in sofia too. construct sdp in endpoint
> module for this is ugly workaround i think.
>
> C уважением                       With Best Regards
> Георгиевский Юрий.                Georgiewskiy Yuriy
> +7 4872 711666                    +7 4872 711666
> факс +7 4872 711143               fax +7 4872 711143
> Компания ООО "Ай Ти Сервис"       IT Service Ltd
> http://nkoort.ru                  http://nkoort.ru
> JID: GHhost at jabber.tula-ix.net.ru JID: GHhost at jabber.tula-ix.net.ru
> YG129-RIPE                        YG129-RIPE

pstn:213-799-1400