[Freeswitch-dev] load mod_sofia giving an error

Mark Sobkow m.sobkow at marketelsystems.com
Mon Oct 19 09:13:27 PDT 2009

Mark Sobkow wrote:
> It turns out that our problems with loading mod_sofia using Erlang
> configurations has uncovered a deeper problem.  This morning I copied
> over the default/sample configs from the Freeswitch build to replace our
> sip_profiles directory, but lo and behold I get the following error
> message from Freeswitch when I try to load mod_sofia:
>

> freeswitch at testsrv> load mod_sofia
> API CALL [load(mod_sofia)] output:
> -ERR [module load file routine returned an error]
>

> Unfortunately that's a rather useless and unhelpful error message.  The
> one thing I do know now is that it's not being caused by a bad
> configuration.
>
> We're running an Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy) 32-bit build of
> freeswitch-1.0.4+repack8 downloaded from launchpad.net.

I've been trying to debug the issue.  Modified mod_sofia.c to add an
extra error report for the one line that was returning an error code
without logging a message.  Enabled the debug flags:

SOFIA_DEBUG=9
NUA_DEBUG=9
NTA_DEBUG=9
TPORT_DEBUG=9
TPORT_LOG=1
export SOFIA_DEBUG NUA_DEBUG NTA_DEBUG TPORT_DEBUG TPORT_LOG

However, I'm still not getting anything _useful_ for error messaging.  I
have however got a number of modules getting loaded during Freeswitch
startup and shutdown getting reported with the DEBUG options, so it
doesn't look like this is a generic problem with loading modules on
Ubuntu 8.04/Hardy.

--
Mark Sobkow
Senior Developer