[Freeswitch-dev] Loading mod_sofia from Erlang -- good news and bad news

Mark Sobkow m.sobkow at marketelsystems.com
Thu Oct 8 14:17:05 PDT 2009

The good news is I was able to download the ppa-source from
launchpad.net and do a local source build of the packages.  I was then
able to get a running install via:

dpkg -i freeswitch_1.0.4*.deb freeswitch-asr*.deb freeswitch-codec-*.deb
freeswitch-lang-en*.deb freeswitch-lua*.deb freeswitch-perl*.deb
freeswitch-python*.deb freeswitch-sky*.deb freeswitch-spider*.deb

(Installing all the .debs breaks the install as the Russian sound files
aren't available, and there seems to be an issue with the .deb properly
_blocking_ the install until those dependencies are resolved.)

However, I'm still having the same problem where fs_cli locks up after
trying to do a "load mod_sofia".  Our Erlang logs show that it's been
sent back in response to the query from FS, but FS freezes or does not
get the file contents.

Is there some sort of debug option I can set in fs_cli to see exactly
what's happening?  I'd like to confirm that it's _receiving_ the XML
back from Erlang, especially as attempts by Andrew to use our Erlang
source were successful on his installation.  Clearly there is still some
difference between our boxen.

BTW, we're running Erlang ERTS 5.5.5.

--
Mark Sobkow