[Freeswitch-dev] OPTIONS

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu Nov 19 05:44:08 PST 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-19 at 13:23 +0000, Suneel Papineni wrote:

> So is there anyway to instruct FS (through event sockets), not to
> respond to OPTIONS message received from the GW.

I would think that adding code to do that would cause some breakage.
The better solution would be to have a trigger on your gateway to tell
it to fail all calls over.

If you did an ACL or packet filter or anything else, important messages
may be lost.  The exception would be if it does OPTIONS to a different
port and you block that port only, so normal sip traffic goes through
but the ping is stopped.  This would be to a 2nd profile but the same
instance of freeswitch, so it should work the same in terms of
availability.

You could modify sofia so that it could block this, but I do not think
that it would be committed as a result you would have to maintain this
out of tree.  I could be wrong, it might get committed, but given that
there are other solutions, and this one has some potential to create
headaches for others I do not believe that it would.

pgp key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8AE5C721