[Freeswitch-dev] Visual Studio 2008 Pro SP1: switch_loadable_module.c:871 Error Loading module .... **dll sym error [127l]

Alex To tonhudung at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 03:35:06 PST 2009

Hi, excuse me if this is already asked where else but I did browse through
the mailing list and I couldn't find anything related. I tried to create a
new end point module by copying the mod_skel to mod/endpoints/my_module
folder.

I modified "skel" to my module name and basically I leave no codes in the
load function, just a few lines to test if the new module is working. These
few lines are:

*module_interface = switch_loadable_module_create_module_interface(pool,
modname);

      modem_endpoint_interface =
(switch_endpoint_interface_t*)switch_loadable_module_create_interface(*modul
e_interface, SWITCH_ENDPOINT_INTERFACE);

      modem_endpoint_interface->interface_name = "modem";

      switch_log_printf(SWITCH_CHANNEL_LOG, SWITCH_LOG_NOTICE, "Hello
World!\n");

      //

      //do_config(SWITCH_FALSE);

      //

      SWITCH_ADD_API(api_interface, "modem", "Modem API", modem_function,
"syntax");

      /* indicate that the module should continue to be loaded */

      return SWITCH_STATUS_SUCCESS;

It compiles but the module can't load properly. I received the following
error:

2009-11-01 19:18:10.551180 [CRIT] switch_loadable_module.c:871 Error Loading
module D:\Projects\freeswitch\Debug\mod\mod_mymodule.dll

**dll sym error [127l]

**

I tried to load module normally at the FS console but "load mod_skel" and
"load mod_mymodule" gives the same error.

Would someone tell me what do I miss here.

Btw, I looked at mod_sofia and mod_iax, this line of code could compile in
those 2 modules.

modem_endpoint_interface =
switch_loadable_module_create_interface(*module_interface,
SWITCH_ENDPOINT_INTERFACE);

The same line of code couldn't compile in my module coz VS complains: cannot
convert from void* to switch_endpoint_interface_t*. I know C++ require more
type-safe conversion than C but anyone got the same error?

And how would I search in the mailing list ? Sorry for this dumb question
but I can't seem to find out how to search in the archives. For now, before
posting anything, I need to try to browse through all the postings first,
which is

quite tedious to do.

Regards

Alex To