[Freeswitch-dev] Set variable/identifier for channel

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 06:15:01 PDT 2009

yes the intention is for you to specify the variables in {} in the dial
string, no need for another parameter.
the {} is part of the "originate syntax" which is used in the bridge
application and everywhere else.

You can escape special characters in the vars by using well placed
"quotation marks" or escape chars with \
and special \s and \t  for space and tab.

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 7:59 AM, Szymon Olko <solko at gcdf.pl> wrote:

> Brian West pisze:
> > On Mar 23, 2009, at 3:51 AM, Szymon Olko wrote:
> >
> >> I found solution for this looking into sources of mod_conference and
> >> switch_ivr_originate.
> >> Channel variables can be set in originate and dial commands,
> >> Following syntax must can be used:
> >>
> >> 'bgapi conference test dial {variable_name=value}sofia/internal/
> >> 1001%192.168.77.248 123 test'
> >>
> >> or
> >>
> >> 'bgapi originate {variable_name=value}sofia/internal/
> >> 1000%192.168.77.248 &conference(test#1) XML default test 123'
> >>
> >> Multiple variables can be set, every variable must be put in it's
> >> own curly brackets.
> >
> > NO, You do {var=val,foo=bar,blah=blah}sofia/blah/blah  Its the same
> > syntax system wide.
> >

> >> Do anybody knows is there are problems with some special characters
> >> in variable value??
> >
> > Like what?
>
> For example how to put space in variable value? Maybe other like %,@,/ are
> forbiden?
>

> >> This feature works now because there is no checking of 'bridgeto'
> >> values in code. Is this good way to use it, or should I make a
> >> patch for mod_conference and add another argument to 'conference
> >> dial' command?
> >

> > What do you mean patch?
> >
> I could change mod_conference so it accepts one more parameter in command,
> then I could post patch to you.
> I need that feature to set variable. Current solution works great, but I'm
> asking is this the right way?
>
> Best regards
> Szymon Olko

pstn:213-799-1400