[Freeswitch-dev] CCXML/VXML module

Matt Porter mporter at voice3g.com
Fri Mar 6 11:16:41 PST 2009

what makes you think you "need" voicexml,

I wouldnt suggest flooding the market with yet another half done voicexml
interpreter...
if you try to implement one from scratch, you will quickly realize that
finishing the last 10% is more than 90% of the work.   Then its in the state
as all the other opensource voicexml interpreters out there.

what you end up with just kinda smells like voicexml, and isnt terribly
portable.. then you might be asking yourself why didnt i just use some other
scripting language in FS and save myself all that time.

VoiceXML from my experience is an all or nothing thing.   People either want
it, or they dont.
They dont want a half-baked interperter that cant pass the IR compliance
suite.

I dont know how we can offer if it makes sense in the "design of the project
you are working on"..  you havent offered much detail there.