[Freeswitch-dev] CCXML/VXML module

jonathan augenstine jaugenstine at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 19:45:34 PST 2009

Jan,

I have been looking over the VXML and CCXML specifications.  I only see very
peripheral references to JavaScript.  Can you elaborate on why JavaScript
would be needed?  I do not see the connection, based on what I see in the
specification.

While I am no big XML fan, I do not see any inherent reason VXML should be
any slower than other scripting or XML based protocols.  I could see where a
particular implementation, such as OpenVMXL, might have programming issues
that could create bottlenecks; but is the particular issue with VXML
specification or the implemetation?  Can you elaborate?

If I can explain the issues with VXML relative to alternatives they might
consider alternatives in the design.

Jonathan