[Freeswitch-dev] Question regarding Misc. Dialplan Tools eavesdrop

João Mesquita jmesquita at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 07:38:47 PDT 2009

Dear Ian,

Let me try to clarify some things here. Eavesdrop does _NOT_ make a call to
the endpoint being monitored. I makes a call to the FreeSWITCH and then it
"copies" RTP packets to the new established call. So, putting into your own
words, you are listening to the call 1001 is making.

Now, recording the call when you dial to 881001 is done through a different
application and can be done with the dialplan as well. Take a look at:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Misc._Dialplan_Tools_record_session

jmesquita