[Freeswitch-dev] Question regarding Misc. Dialplan Tools eavesdrop

Ian Quek ianquek at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 04:13:23 PDT 2009

Hi, I have a question regarding the eavesdrop extension that FreeSwitch has.
I'm currently looking at
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Misc._Dialplan_Tools_eavesdrop. From what I
gather reading the page, you enable eavesdrop/call barge by making the
changes specified in "examples" to the default.xml file. However, I'm
interested in knowing more about how this particular module works, and how I
can use its capabilities. Is there any further documentation for this
feature, and where can I find such documentation?

For example, in the example provided, if I dial 881001, am I actually making
the call to 1001, or am I simply listening to any call 1001 is making? Does
this extension allow me to say, dial 881001, and have the phone that I'm
using connect to 1001, and record the call I'm making to 1001 in the
FreeSwitch server?

thanks
-Ian