[Freeswitch-dev] FreeSWITCH SS7 stack

Remko Kloosterman R.Kloosterman at mtel.nl
Wed Jan 28 12:47:16 PST 2009

I've done some SS7 development in the past, using dedicated TX3220 and
TX4000 signalling boards from NMS Communications (recentlty aquired by
Dialogic). Even with a lot of commercial documentation available, it's
horribly complex stuff, especially redundancy. And you need another SS7
switch to test against for interoperability. And SIP trunks are becoming
more and more commonly available these days, so one can question if it's
worth the effort. Still, I would really like it if someone would try and
develop such a feature.

Off-topic: If you need SS7 and are willing to pay for it, I can
recommend audiocodes mediant gateways. There's a model available with
embedded SS7 signalling, provided by Teles. And real cheap too, compared
to other SS7 switches.