[Freeswitch-dev] Ecasound support in FreeSWITCH?

Kristian Kielhofner kristian.kielhofner at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 08:09:54 PST 2009

Steve,

  At the moment it is very elementary and probably easily reproduced.
It's also the first check I could come up with and it was good enough
to help me identify my issues.  As this tool/concept gets exposed to
the real world and used in different applications, scenarios, etc it
would be /very/ convenient to have the full power of ecasound and the
LADSPA plugin architecture available at our disposal from FS.

   There are plenty of people out there (hint, hint) that know far
more about audio processing, etc than I do.  I'm sure they could come
up with some very, very cool applications once FS audio can be put
through ecasound/LADSPA (think mod_soundtouch on steroids).  I don't
want my lack of understanding and foresight to get in their way.

  Ecasound looks like the right tool for job and I'd hate to let
something small like "licensing" get in the way ;)  I've already
e-mailed the creator for an LGPL exception but the message bounced.
I'm looking for other addresses and contacts.

  Hmmm...  Maybe we could skip ecasound and just implement a LADSPA
host in FS (LADSPA is LGPL).  My only concern here is the ability to
write LADSPA plugins.  The barrier to entry and learning curve is
certainly higher than some basic ecasound params.

--
Kristian Kielhofner
http://blog.krisk.org