[Freeswitch-dev] New member

Michael Jerris mike at jerris.com
Fri Aug 21 05:42:19 PDT 2009

On Aug 21, 2009, at 7:27 AM, Raimund Sacherer wrote:

> Hello Freeswitch Developers,
>
> I work for an linux solution provider in spain and have lot's of
> experience in developing for opensource software (freeradius) and
> adminstration. We have quite a few clients with asterisk solutions and
> some pretty cool projects in our queue but we have expierenced a lot
> of problems with asterisk.
>
> After reading the freeswitch introduction from Anthony Minessale i at
> once felt at home with freeswitch as the project seems to be what I
> wanted from asterisk.
>
> As i am a very deep debian enthusiast I want to bring the debian
> package into debian itself, which means bringing it policy compliant.
> Which as one of the more problematic moves means:
>
> changing all directorys to be debian compliant.

We decided so that it is possible to support many different operating
systems, we would make all our packages use the same path structure
like we do today.  To change it would add a burden on us for support
and we don't plan on doing that.

> i really would love to do this officially as the debian maintainer for
> the freeswitch project, i already sent the current packet builder an
> email but I did not receive an answer until know.

Feel free to toss patches at us via jira.freeswitch.org.  We need to
start getting everything in place for 1.0.5.

> I hope we can work together and that i will be accepted into this
> project which has in my oppinion a very bright future in the telecomm
> business!

Thanks.  Also, feel free to catch up with us on irc to discuss any of
these issues.