[Freeswitch-dev] Detecting in-band DTMF Digits in Openzap?

Alex Green alexg at etherstack.com
Wed Aug 12 00:26:55 PDT 2009

Ok, I think I have gotten to the bottom of it:

1.:
Using zap_channel_dequeue_dtmf() correctly identifies digits for both
in-band PRI and analog.

2.:
Setting an event callback and waiting for ZAP_EVENT_DTMF works for
in-band digits on a PRI channel.

3.: Potential bug:
As suggested by Moises, adding extra logging in libteletone_detect.c
shows that digits were detected, but the ZAP_EVENT_DTMF events were
*not* sent back for an analog channel (I am using an Openvox A800p, but
it looks to be the same for all analog cards).

4.: Potential bug:
DTMF digit detection *eats some audio* each time a digit is detected. If
the device is connected directly to free switch this is not a problem.
If a device makes a call through freeswitch (to let's say phone banking)
a digit that is held down may be detected as 3 digits (sometimes more)
due to the consumed audio. This can be heard on the other side of
freeswitch as a start-stop at the start of the DTMF.

Any thoughts?

Cheers -alex